1. They speak the language – Besides speaking English, Italian wedding photographers speak Italian. This means they can quickly deal with any sort of interference or complication in your perfect shot by politely asking the locals to make way for the bride and groom. So, you’re in the middle of one of the most picturescque piazzas in town and there’s this one little group of people photobombing your keepsake shot … your Italian photographer knows how to ask them to give up the space just long enough for a memorable shot of the newlyweds, reminding them that it’s always good luck to please a newlywed bride ;=)
2. They know the territory and secret spots for great lighting and backdrops. Of course they do. They live there. And if you’re adding a trash the dress session, they’ll know exactly where to take you to make it amazing.
3. They have a natural eye for beauty. Italians are born and raised in the epicenter of gorgeousness, they have a headstart over the entire rest of the world when it comes to knowing how to play with light and color, painting single frames of your wedding day like the masters Caravaggio, Botticelli and Michelangelo. Surrounded by history from the cradle, they grow up with stories of medieval legends and renaissance heroes, and they build a memorable story of your wedding day for you to cherish forever.
4. If the photographer you bring from home has a mishap, you have to hire someone else – and pay for them. Whether lost equipment, a stomach ache or flu, car accident, airline strike … it is game over for your photographer from home, while a local wedding photographer picks up the phone and calls for support, no charge to you.
5. A local photographer can scout out special locations/backdrops based on your input as to what you want and like – and if they are not able to go there physically, they know all the wedding professionals to ask for information about logistics, lighting, potential, cute photo-op corners, etc.
6. In an emergency situation, a local Italian photographer has all the local resources and contacts. Need a second photographer? They call a colleague in the area. Camera drops into the pool by accident? Ditto, a friend or colleague to the rescue (true story). Forgot a lens? They know where to buy one on the fly (another true story). Need photobooth paraphenalia? They’ve got it all up their sleeves.
7. Italian photographers are internationally acclaimed wedding professionals. They have won their fair share of International awards, check out those winners on the official website for International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers and take note that out of the top 100 wedding photographers IN THE WORLD, 20 ARE ITALIAN. That means 20% of the worldwide community of shooters are Italian: there must be a reason.
8. They’re funny. The best way to get you to relax, laugh, and look your best is if you have an Italian photographer making you do things you would probably never dream of. They are playful and respectful of your personality at the same time. You’re going to love yours!
9. They’re hot. They are Italians, aren’t they?!
10. Brand your Wedding in Italy 100% Italian! Why are you coming to Italy, anyway?! For the Italian food, the Italian wine, the amazing Italian vistas … You come all this way for the real deal, so make it 100% authentic with the eye of a talented Italian wedding photographer who captures your day like only an Italian can.
Take a look at a selection of Italian Wedding Photographers in our directory here.